"How will we support your child’s social and emotional development?"
- We employ a Counselling Service, Bennu, who work on a Tuesday. Referrals are made via the Inclusion Manager or the Pastoral Care Worker.
- We have employed a Pastoral Care Worker who will work with you to support your child’s social and emotional needs through sessions such as relaxation and messy play.
- We work closely with the Social, Emotional and Mental Health Team to organise support for your child in school. They visit termly and meet with you to discuss your concerns and provide strategies to support you. They have a Home Liaison Worker who can also support you and your family outside of school.
- We have use of a Sensory Room; sessions are planned for, and targets set to help support the emotional development of specific pupils.
- We have use of a Nurture Room which we use to support our anxious pupils. This room also allows for some of our pupils to work in a smaller setting when required.
- We have a whole school Behaviour Policy. It outlines our approach to behaviour including our pay it forward system, to support and encourage repairing relationships between peers.
- We run a variety of social skills and confidence groups throughout the school to encourage and develop these key skills in children.
- All pupils who have consistent and severe challenging behaviour also have a Five Step Reactive Plan, which is created with the child, yourselves and school staff. It is then shared with staff, ensuring all adults are implementing the same strategies to support your child.
Back to SEN Questions